Camel Beach House
|Prices will be charged in Australia Dollars||Tue 03 Oct 2023||Wed 04 Oct 2023||Thu 05 Oct 2023||Fri 06 Oct 2023||Sat 07 Oct 2023||Sun 08 Oct 2023||Mon 09 Oct 2023||Tue 10 Oct 2023||Wed 11 Oct 2023||Thu 12 Oct 2023||Fri 13 Oct 2023||Sat 14 Oct 2023||Sun 15 Oct 2023||Mon 16 Oct 2023|
CBH 1 BedroomPhotos Details
CBH 2 BedroomPhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
Mt Camel Beach
CAMEL BEACH HOUSE
Surrounded by golden sand, red rocks, cerulean blue ocean, the energy of rolling and crashing waves and all the wildlife within, you’ll find Camel Beach House is less of a holiday and more of an awakening.
'Inspired by the spirit of the Australian classic Storm Boy ('with a dash of Pricilla Queen of the Desert') and the owner’s global lifestyle between California, Mexico and Australia, Camel Beach House is a modern rustic box that sits on your own private beach and Southern Ocean – off-the-grid, delightfully wild, 250-acre pristine wilderness property on South Australia’s Eyre Peninsula.'
ABOUT YOUR STAY
• You’re in a 250 acre conservation sanctuary and beach, total privacy, no tan lines honey
• A rustic modern nest inspired by the iconic wild west fisherman’s shack
• The nest is a architectural box that embraces offgrid sustainable design and green living
• Sun energy (solar panels) + rainwater from the heavens (tanks) - please be water wise
• By design, a sprinkle of digital detox - no TV, download your flicks before travel
• TELSTRA gets your 4G best coverage in remote Oz
• Full of treasures, book collection, games + art
• Two queen size beds. One bathroom. Max 4 guests
• Textiles from Mexico, Open Society, Pony Rider + Romance Was Born
• We’re country style, get down and lounge on the swags
• Marshall Stanmore speaker – crank it up, live like a Rockstar
• Combustion fire and wood supply
• The Palm Springs inspired cactus collection loves a water - if you feel inclined
• Children welcome + please take care of our treasures
• No pets
• Envisioned as a place to recharge and embrace the outdoors, Camel Beach was purchased in 2000 with impact conservation in mind. Situated on the Eyre Peninsula this private 250 acre coastal conservation estate is famous for its pristine wilderness of coastal cliffs, rocky shores, sandy beaches, dunes and native scrub. It is home to a number of threatened species, including; the Australian Sea Lion, White-Bellied Sea Eagle, Osprey, Hooded Plover, and temporary home to masses of migratory seabirds. In May, the majestic Southern Right Whale migration travels past Camel Beach on their way to the Head of Bight breeding and nursery grounds, and pass by again in October on their way back to Antartica waters.
• The Camel Beach sanctuary is located at the southern end of a spectacular coastal area known as the Chain of Bays (Venus Bay to Streaky Bay) and through the private owner's efforts for conservation status, it is now protected for future generations. In terms of the property structures, environmental design and low carbon infrastructure have created an eco-dwelling for guest stays that touch the earth lightly, through material choice, harvesting rainwater, solar panels, inhouse products and recycling.
• We love your wanderlust, those who seek far-away places and ’the wild things.’ Adventuring to destinations that support conservation and national parks. Opening the property gate allows for visitors to create unique and impactful memories, with a nod of a greener future. A wild escape in a bespoke offgrid architectural nest, surrounded by the energy of panoramic ocean and desert, is pure body and mind goodness. Camel Beach is not only a conservation sanctuary, it’s a brand committed to nature, sustainability and wanderlust.
- Fresh linen supplied
- Sea Access
- Fire Place
- Full Kitchen
- BBQ Area
- Special Retreats
- Pet friendly
- Coastal Walks
- Guest Laundry
CBH 1 Bedroom Book
This rate is based on 2 guests occupying 1 queen bedroom. All bedroom and bathroom linen is included. You will have exclusive use of the CBH retreat and 250 acre Mt Camel Beach property.
- Sleeps 2
Terms & Conditions
We look forward to welcoming you for an amazing getaway at CBH on South Australia's ‘Wild West’ Eyre Peninsula
• A week before your stay CBH sends its welcome letter + property entry + caretaker information
• Please refer to our website STAY page for the GPS location map + driving directions + be prepared you're heading outback
• We recommend all guests arrive before sunset to avoid those country road dusk Kangaroos + comfortably gain entry to property
• Trailers, caravans or vehicles greater than 6m not permitted to access property
• CBH sits on a coastal elevation above Mt Camel Beach + track from house to beach not suitable for people with walking impairments
• Low Season: $390 per night (1 brm) or $490 per night (2brm)
• Peak Season: $490 per night (1brm) or $590 per night (2brm)
• Cleaning fee: $200
• Minimum Stay: 3 nights
• Check-in 3pm
• Check-out 10am (Thanks! Caretaker will be there around 10 as has time limited to get the nest ready if new guests arriving that day)
• At time of booking: Full payment required for accommodation + cleaning fee ($150) + security bond ($200)
• Security Bond: covers property damage + incidentals + use of second room if you're a 1brm stay. Refunded within 5 business days from departure providing property left how you found it when arrived
• If you don't have time to leave property how you found it when arrived + caretakers happy to accommodate with optional $100 cleaning fee (deducted from bond) + they’ll take care of that kitchen sink full of dishes, pots and the barbecue!
• Caretaker word final on extra cleaning fees or loss of bond associated with property damage + incidentals
• 4 guests max + paying guests only permitted to stay overnight at the property
• 2 guests stay use one room, if use second room lose security bond
• No parties or events
• Non-smoking property - Loss of bond if caretakers find smoke butts around house
• If use barbecue don't forget to clean it
• Any loss or damage to guest property during the rental period is not the responsibility of the owners
• We are a conservation property considered a significant SA ‘fragile’ ecosystem. Please ensure you stick to the one track to beach and do not disturb any property flora, fauna and native re- vegetation seedlings. Any damage to conservation dunes, flora or seedlings takes years to regenerate
• Only use supplied wood for house fire (no wood collection off property). If fire ashes get full dispose of them into a plastic bag and put in bin. No dumping of ashes outside
• SA has strict bushfire regulations –no campfires (or any open flames) allowed on the property
• FISHING - fish to be gut, gilled and cleaned in the ocean + NOT around the house as it attract unwanted guests
PRIVATE HOUSE YOGA OR MASSAGE
• Mind + soul bliss surrounded by Mount Camel Beach wilderness or drop by the Streaky Bay studio
• By appt with fabulous Streaky Bay yogai Eliza Joske - Your Booking Link: www.pauseinhousewellbeing.com/streakybay
We love our guests and all have the most amazing memories at the CBH ocean nest. THANK YOU for keeping our brand beautiful and for supporting conservation.
Guests agree to our Terms and Conditions by making a booking.
• CREDIT CARDS: We accept online payments by Visa and MasterCard (1.85% credit card fee).
• EFT: We accept payment as a direct deposit into our account (no fee). To secure your dates please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and once booking confirmed and invoice received, EFT payment to be made within 24hrs. Please email your EFT bank payment receipt.
• CBH is a bespoke, tailored conservation stay and remote business that attracts bookings a year in advance. Our cancellation policy is strict to be respectful to remote travel logistics - our guests require time to plan their stays - and an empty nest can be hard to fill.
Our Cancellation policy is:
• Full refund for cancellations made within 48hrs of booking, after this time period guests receive 50% accoommodation refund
• All BOND and CLEANING fees refunded on booking cancellation.
• 50% accommodation refund or credit towards a future booking (to be used within a year) for cancellations made at least 60 days before check-in. Sorry no refunds for cancellations made within 60 days of check-in.
• Booking dates can be changed once and subject to no further refund.
• Non-arrivals – no refund.
• We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance so you can navigate any unforeseen circumstances, including COVID/Border closures.