Coldstream Estate - The Whare
|Prices will be charged in New Zealand Dollars||Full Rate||Sun 19 Aug 2018||Mon 20 Aug 2018||Tue 21 Aug 2018||Wed 22 Aug 2018||Thu 23 Aug 2018||Fri 24 Aug 2018||Sat 25 Aug 2018||Sun 26 Aug 2018||Mon 27 Aug 2018||Tue 28 Aug 2018||Wed 29 Aug 2018||Thu 30 Aug 2018||Fri 31 Aug 2018||Sat 01 Sep 2018|
Coldstream Estate - The Whare Standard RatePhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
STOP PRESS!!! WINTER SPECIAL - YOUR WINTER GETAWAY AWAITS
Stay during the months of July and August and receive $100 off per night during your stay when using WinterSpecial as Promo Code on booking form (top right).
If you are looking to get away from the rat race and enjoy the quiet, uncomplicated, country air, or maybe take time out on a working farm or fancy a spot of fishing in one of New Zealand's revered trout and salmon rivers, then The Whare is the place to come.
Situated in a picturesque part of the property, The Whare is surrounded by established trees. In recent years it has been lovingly transformed from former station cookhouse into private accommodation, while retaining as much of its historical character as possible. It is fully equipped with a fabulous large open-plan kitchen and dining room complete with cosy open fire, separate bathroom featuring a clawfoot bath, and a snug area with log burner. There is also a large outdoor area with barbeque for those long summer evenings, as well as a well-stocked library of books and DVDs available to bide time on those lazy days.
Bring your own food and enjoy the large outdoor dining area complete with BBQ or treat yourselves and pre-order a dinner hamper or platter or join your hosts for a relaxed country dinner in the main homestead. Your own personal chef can also be organised on request in advance, or if you would rather eat out, both Geraldine and Ashburton have a wide array of eating options.
For those interested in farming, tours can be arranged with prior notice. While those keen on fishing are welcome to explore the mighty Rangitata River, with an unprecedented 5km of river access directly from the farm, or you can fish in the surf with the Pacific Ocean less than 2kms away. It's also a great place for walking and mountain biking with lots of farm tracks to enjoy, and ideally suited to base yourself from the in ski season with Round Hill Ski Area, Mt Dobson and Mt Hutt ski areas all within easy driving distance.
- DVD Library
- BBQ Area
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Guest Laundry
- Coastal Walks
- Free Parking
- Fire Place
- Sea Access
- Fresh linen supplied
Coldstream Estate - The Whare Standard Rate Book
Standard rates for this room
- Fridge - Fullsize
- High Chair Available
- Tea/Coffee Making
- Linen provided
- Shared Bathroom Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- One King Bedroom
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Iron/Ironing board
- Lounge Area
- DVD Player
- Shower - separate
- Bathrobes Provided
- Washer and Dryer
- Shower over bath
- King Bed
- Two Queen Bedrooms
- Electric Blanket
- Complimentary toiletries
- Dining Setting
- 2 Single Beds
- Stove top
- Linen and Towels Provided
- Mountain View
- Fresh Milk
Terms & Conditions
- The number of people occupying the Coldstream Estate - The Whare is, under no circumstances, to exceed the number of people shown on the booking confirmation unless prior arrangements have been made directly with management.
- No functions or parties unless agreed prior to the booking
Responsibilities of guests
- The guest is responsible for the The Whare during his/her stay.
- Coldstream Estate expects the guest to take all reasonable care of the Whare and to leave it tidy after deaprture.
- If Coldstream Estate finds that the retreat has not been left in a reasonable condition, Coldstream Estate will charge the guest for time required for extra cleaning.
The Whare is set on Coldstream Estate, a working sheep and cropping farm. For the safety of all concerned it’s very important to follow the safety guidelines and terms that are in the guest information. These terms and guidelines include:
Visitors to the farm stay at their own risk. This is a working farm with hazards both farm related (ie. machinery and animals) and natural hazards such as bees and stinging nettle.
- Leave gates as you find them
- Avoid unnecessarily disturbing stock on the property
- Extreme caution driving in and out of the property. Driving limit on the property is 30km p/h
- Supervise young children carefully. There are specific water hazards for young children on the property such as water troughs, ponds, creeks and dams.
- For your own safety please do not touch any farm machinery, and do not enter the woolshed or any other farm buildings on the property without supervision.
Check in & check out
Check-in is between 2pm - 7pm. We'll ask you to let us know what time you'll be arriving in a pre-stay reminder email that we send you prior to your visit. Check-out is by 11am on the day of departure. Early or late check in or check out can be arranged in consultation with management.
- A deposit of $100 is required to secure your reservation. The balance remaining , plus any incidentals, is due on the day of your departure unless otherwise arranged with management.
- One account per reservation would be appreciated.
- Visa and Mastercard accepted
- A valid credit card is required to secure and confirm all bookings regardless of payment method.
- If invoices are not paid in full and on time the customer will pay collection and legal fees and such fees may include additional fees or commissions to charge by debt collecting firms and actual legal costs and disbursements charged on by a solicitor and own customer basis. If Coldstream Estate-The Whare finds it necessary to sue the customer, service of any document will deem to be effected on the customer if that document is left at the address shown at the customer’s business or home address or registered address.
- Bookings cancelled prior to 48 hours of arrival, the $100 deposit is refunded in full.
- Bookings cancelled after 48 hours of arrival 100% of total is charged.