Dirk Hartog Island Camping
|Prices will be charged in Australia Dollars||Full Rate||Thu 21 Jun 2018||Fri 22 Jun 2018||Sat 23 Jun 2018||Sun 24 Jun 2018||Mon 25 Jun 2018||Tue 26 Jun 2018||Wed 27 Jun 2018||Thu 28 Jun 2018||Fri 29 Jun 2018||Sat 30 Jun 2018||Sun 01 Jul 2018||Mon 02 Jul 2018||Tue 03 Jul 2018||Wed 04 Jul 2018|
|Dirk Hartog Island National Park|
Turtle Bay | National ParkDetails
Louisa Bay | National ParkDetails
Urchin Point | National ParkDetails
Dampier's Landing | National ParkDetails
Withnell Point | National ParkDetails
Notch Point | National ParkDetails
The Block | National ParkDetails
Quoin Head | National ParkDetails
Sandy Point | National ParkDetails
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
Magnificent sites to visit along the island’s western coast include the historic precinct at Cape Inscription (including the lighthouse); the rugged scenery at Charlies Harbour, and Mystery Beach with its astounding sands packed with flotsam and jetsam of all shapes, sizes and origins (the bay forms a natural wreckage trap). On the eastern coast, history buffs may appreciate Dampiers Landing (Sammys Well) and the interesting stone ruins of an 1851 army garrison at Quoin Bluff South. Dirk Hartog Island is renowned as one of the best shore fishing locations in Australia.
Camping and accommodation
Accommodation and catering are available in the privately-operated Dirk Hartog Island Lodge. You may camp at The Block, Urchin Point, Sandy Point, Sammy’s Camp or Louisa Bay, all of which have only basic or no facilities.
You may visit by private boat and camp overnight, but only at designated sites including Notch Point.
The park is remote and its hazardous coastline has large surf, 200 metre high cliffs, blowholes and dangerous marine animals
Notify a reliable person of your trip plans so you can be traced in an emergency
Be prepared for the heat. Take at least 10 litres of water for each person per day
Exercise extreme caution near cliff edges especially when fishing. Supervise children at all times.
- Sea Access
- Coastal Walks
- Coastal Walks, Fish, Kayaking, Sailing
Dampier's Landing | National Park Book
Dampier’s Landing has no facilities and is essentially a wilderness camping experience. Please visit http://parks.dpaw.wa.gov.au/park/dirk-hartog-island for further details on camping in National Parks.
Terms & Conditions
All passengers’ vehicles and goods are transported subject to the following terms and conditions & by travelling on our vessels you agree to these conditions. In addition, you warrant that you were acting as agent for each of the passengers who travel under the authority of your booking (being the contract).
In these conditions "the Company" & “we” means Dirk Hartog Island Pty Ltd, its servants and agents and "the passenger" means the passenger booked to travel. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and any Australian State. The Company reserves the right to cancel, vary this service in any way, or substitute any ferry or other means of transport without incurring any liability.
Fares, times, schedules and routes are subject to alteration, without prior notice, at the discretion of the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise in the event of cancellation of this service or the abandonment of the service during the course thereof (should the Company or any of its servants or agents decide that such abandonment is necessary) or of any deviation or delay in any service arising from any cause whatsoever. In any such event the Company will not be liable in any way for consequential damage including, but not limited to, the cost of accommodation or for any alternative means of travel which may arise and any additional expense so arising shall be the liability of the passenger
The Company accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any vehicle being carried for the passenger, or luggage, or for consequential damages arising therefrom whether sustained during loading, off-loading or transportation, and whether arising from negligence, malfunction of the vessel or other cause, except to the extent that the exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law. The Company accepts no responsibility for any injury and/or death of a passenger travelling on this service whether caused by negligence, malfunction to the vessel or other cause except to the extent that exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
Other Terms and Conditions
1. The company is not a Common Carrier and will accept no liability as such.
2. No oral representations concerning our liability which conflict with or detract from these conditions will be binding.
3. All vehicles accessing the barge and the island must have a current comprehensive motor vehicle insurance policy in place.
4. For your safety and the safety of others you must obey all instructions given by our employees at all times.
5. We may decline to transport any person, vehicle or goods without giving any reason. We may cancel or vary any scheduled trip without notice.
6. Smoking is Prohibited on all our vessels
7. Length of combined 4WD vehicle and camper trailer is the overall length of the loaded unit measured from the front of the 4WD vehicle (bull bar included) to the end of your load.
8. All rubbish must be taken with you off the island.
9. All visitors must comply with the Department of Parks & Wildlife bio-security rules and regulations.
In completing and agreeing to this booking you acknowledge and accept our terms and conditions attached thereto.
DEPARTMENT of BIODIVERSITY, CONSERVATION and ATTRACTIONS | PARKS & WILDLIFE SERVICES | STEEP POINT 99483 993
Please be advised that all visitors are required to purchase a Permit to enter Edel Land (proposed) National Park and that all visitors who have booked must stop at the Edel Land base and produce their camping receipt to be signed/stamped and must pay their Edel Land (proposed) National Park entry fee;
RUBBISH DISPOSAL: All rubbish must be removed from the island. Parks & Wildlife Rangers will check your vehicles upon departure.
WATER: No access is available to drinking water on Dirk Hartog Island National Park.
ROAD RULES: Normal WA road rules applu as per the ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 2008.
DHI NATIONAL PARK ACCESS: Access to the National Park maybe closed if the Department believes it is unsafe to enter.
Rates are in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST. Accommodation Check in is from 2pm. Check Out is 10am. 4WD Transfers ex Blackie's Beach Steep Point start at 8am and on demand. Please report to the Department of Parks & Wildlife ranger at Steep Point before proceeding to Blackie's Beach. Call to confirm 4WD Transfer 4 days prior to arrival. Unforeseen circumstances may result in you having to change your plans or even cancel at the last moment. To protect non-refundable deposits and payments we strongly recommend you purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
A 30% deposit is required upon booking with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
Final payment can be made via direct deposit into the following account.
Dirk Hartog Island Pty Ltd
BSB: 306 089
Ref: Your Name
Amendment and Cancellation Policy
As a small property, our business depends on maximising occupancy and cancellations often result in empty rooms & campsites. Deposits are lost when the booking is canceled. However, you may change the dates to visit as per the below amendment policy.
1. Changes to booked fares will incur an amendment fee.
2. Amendments must be done so via email or mail. No phone call changes will be excepted
3. The amendment fee is $10 per email amendment.
4. Reservations staff are available to assist with changes via phone, however an email must be sent to confirm these changes. These changes will incur the amendment fee.
1. A non refundable 30% deposit is required upon booking.
2. Cancellations must be done so via email or mail. No phone call cancellations will be excepted.
3. Full payment is required 30 days prior to arrival and is forfeited if booking is cancelled within 30 days.
4. If there is no notice of cancellation or a no show for the booked voyage, then there is NO refund and the full fare is forfeited.