The Oriental Hotel
|Prices will be charged in Australia Dollars||Full Rate||Sat 23 Sep 2023||Sun 24 Sep 2023||Mon 25 Sep 2023||Tue 26 Sep 2023||Wed 27 Sep 2023||Thu 28 Sep 2023||Fri 29 Sep 2023||Sat 30 Sep 2023||Sun 01 Oct 2023||Mon 02 Oct 2023||Tue 03 Oct 2023||Wed 04 Oct 2023||Thu 05 Oct 2023||Fri 06 Oct 2023|
Twin RoomPhotos Details
Single RoomPhotos Details
Family RoomPhotos Details
Queen RoomPhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
The Oriental is a small, family operated old pub that offers beautifully renovated, clean and spacious rooms. It is situated down a quiet leafy backstreet in Cooks Hill, which is home to the trendy Darby St (3 blocks away) and is very close to Newcastle's lovely beaches, Merewether and Bar Beach, Nobbys and Newcastle Beach, and the trendy CBD. Affectionately known as 'The Ori', we are a family run business and love showing off Newcastle and the pub to visitors. We are a short walk from Civic Station on Hunter St and close to bus stops on King and Hunter Sts. There are buses down Darby St (a 200m walk).
The Ori pizza kitchen serves delicious gourmet Italian pizzas 7 nights a week and is also open for weekend lunches.
We have no pokies/gaming TAB areas in the Hotel.
Please contact the Hotel directly for longer term occupancy, we will be happy to provide a discounted rate.
The accommodation has recently been renovated to a tasteful, excellent standard.
There is Free WIFI at the Hotel.
We have eight rooms in total (all non-smoking): three Queen rooms, four Twin rooms and one Single room. All single beds are king size.
There are two modern bathrooms (separate toilets) and a shared common kitchen with facilities for preparation of light meals with a microwave, fridge and toaster.
Whilst our rooms are located above the bar and function areas, our quiet residential location requires all entertainment ceases by 10pm and the bar is closed by midnight. The Hotel opens at 3pm each day and from midday on weekends.
There is Free (and some untimed/all day) street parking available immediately adjacent Hotel. There are lots of free 2 hour parking elsewhere that finishes on the street at 5pm M-F. Generally lots of parking available.
Do yourself a favour- drop in to the Oriental Hotel whether for a beer, a night or a weekend.
- On Site Restaurant
- Broadband Internet Access
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Street parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-Smoking Property
- WiFi Internet
- Bar / Lounge
Twin Room Book
2 x King single beds.
TV, linen and towels provided.
- Sleeps 2
Family Room Book
Includes 2 x Queen beds. Linen and towels provided. Shared bathrooms. Access to shared kitchenette. TV and Lounge also in room.
- Sleeps 4
Terms & Conditions
1. Please check in after 3pm. Checkout is 10am.
Latest check in is 12am midnight Mon-Sat and to 10pm on Sundays. Please call the Hotel 4929 1130 to arrange other times.
2. Please keep your 2 keys safe with you at all times.
Failure to return keys will result in a $40 replacement fee per key.
3. You agree to be responsible for any additional charges for any damages, theft or loss of property caused by you or your guests. Additional charges may include but are not limited to repair costs, replacement charges, cleaning fees and costs of replacement keys. You authorise the Hotel to debit your credit/debit card to pay for any additional charges.
4. The Hotel is a strictly non-smoking venue. Evidence of any smoking (including odour) will attract a cleaning fee of no less than AUD $300.
5. Whilst The Hotel does everything in its power to maximise on-site security, the Hotel will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of personal property (including at the Hotel and your vehicles).
6. Any undue activation of the smoke detectors and/or call out of subsequent fire brigade will be invoiced to the guest. Any undue use of fire extinguishers/equipment will attract a fee of no less than $300.
7. The Oriental Hotel practices responsible service of alcohol.
8. Whilst children are warmly welcome to the venue, please note as the Hotel is a licensed venue, we can not allow minors (under 18) to stay unaccompanied without a parent or guardian.
9. Please consider other guests and keep the noise to a minimum.
Please pay as you check in for the full amount of your stay. Eftpos, credit card or cash accepted.
If cancelled up to 2 days before arrival, 1 night of the total amount will be forfeited.