Showgrounds Cottage Naracoorte
|Prices will be charged in Australia Dollars||Full Rate||Wed 03 Mar 2021||Thu 04 Mar 2021||Fri 05 Mar 2021||Sat 06 Mar 2021||Sun 07 Mar 2021||Mon 08 Mar 2021||Tue 09 Mar 2021||Wed 10 Mar 2021||Thu 11 Mar 2021||Fri 12 Mar 2021||Sat 13 Mar 2021||Sun 14 Mar 2021||Mon 15 Mar 2021||Tue 16 Mar 2021|
House Standard RatePhotos Details
1 Person ratePhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
SHOWGROUNDS COTTAGE at 198 Smith Street is opposite the Showgrounds, a popular events venue, and close to the center of Naracoorte.
It’s a self-contained Bed and Breakfast and is private for one guest group at a time, whether for 1 guest or 4, so you don’t share with anyone you don’t know.
The maximum number of guests is 4 adults and/or children.
Tariffs are based on the number of guests and the number of nights and include full breakfast provisions.
The 1900 timber cottage has two bedrooms, a queen bedroom and a twin bedroom with 2 king single beds, and one bathroom.
The sitting/dining room has a comfortable leather sofa and two recliners, a wood-burning combustion heater, TV and DVD player.
In the bathroom are a spa bath, a separate shower and vanity. Next door is a separate WC. The laundry area has a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board.
The galley kitchen has a cooktop, oven, microwave, rainwater tap, cookware, cutlery, crockery and glasses.
Showgrounds Cottage has reverse cycle air conditioners in the sitting/dining room and bedrooms; and a wood-burning combustion heater in the sitting/dining room.
A feature is a modern back verandah with decking and a barbecue and outdoor setting – ideal for casual meals, drinks and snacks.
Showgrounds Cottage is one of five properties owned and run by Naracoorte Cottages. (The others are MacDonnell House, Limestone View, Smith Street Villa and Pinkerton Hill.) Richard Peake and Judy Barton established this “people-friendly” Bed and Breakfast business in 1995 and have welcomed thousands of satisfied guests from South Australia, interstate and overseas.
Naracoorte Cottages offers comfort, convenience, and cleanliness with all modern amenities. The B&Bs are ideal for singles, couples, families and groups – as well as corporate guests – for one overnight stopover or a longer stay. They are private for one guest group at a time – even if there’s only one guest.
The houses have plasma TVs, DVD players, free local call telephones, free access to wireless broadband (BYO laptop or desktop computer) and reverse cycle air conditioning.
Bed linen, towels, and toiletries are provided. Tariffs are value for money and include generous full breakfast provisions (eggs, bacon, tomatoes, fruit juice, boxed cereals, bread, jams and spreads, tea, instant coffee, coffee grounds, and milk); and a complimentary 750ml bottle of wine with every booking.
Families and children are welcome (cot, high chair, and change table can be provided if needed). Note that MacDonnell House does not have any single ensemble beds, but a fold-up bed for a child can be provided.
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Full Kitchen
- Kids Club
- Non-Smoking Property
- Fresh linen supplied
- Iron/Ironing Board
- WiFi Internet
- Free Parking
Terms & Conditions
INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
The following Terms and Conditions and House Rules are for the information of guests and those who may consider making a booking with Naracoorte Cottages. Variations may be agreed in writing by Naracoorte Cottages.
By making a booking and paying a deposit or a tariff, you accept these Terms and Conditions and House Rules.
A. WHAT WE PROVIDE
The house is self-contained and private for one guest group at a time, so you do not share the house with other guests who you do not know. There is no host resident on the property, but Naracoorte Cottages employs housekeepers who live in the town and who can be contacted by phone.
Everything is supplied, including bed linen, bathtowels, a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, free local call telephone, free access to broadband Internet, TV and DVD player.
The standard tariff includes Bed and Breakfast. Full breakfast provisions for each day of the stay comprise bacon and eggs, tomatoes, fruit juice, boxed and packaged cereals, bread and spreads, tea, coffee and milk. Alternative provisions can be supplied to suit dietary requirements if Naracoorte Cottages is notified in advance.
If you do not want breakfast provisions, please ask for a no-breakfast tariff.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Booking and cancellation. Bookings are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. An enquiry by you, or a quotation by Naracoorte Cottages, does not constitute a booking.
Bookings are accepted upon payment of a deposit (unless time or distance make this impractical or unless otherwise agreed), which can be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer, Master Card, Visa Card or American Express; or bookings can be accepted by an agent authorised by Naracoorte Cottages. Bookings are confirmed by email a Tax Invoice or by mailing a Tax Invoice when time and distance allow.
The balance of the tariff is payable in full on the day of arrival or by a date specified in the Tax Invoice.
If you do not pay the deposit by the due date, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to cancel your booking and attempt to seek a new booking by another guest.
If you do not pay the tariff in full by the due date, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to cancel your booking and attempt to seek a new booking by another guest.
If you cancel the booking for any reason, you must notify the cancellation to Naracoorte Cottages, as soon as possible, to the owner/manager Richard Peake on 0408 810 645 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Naracoorte Cottages will refund, in full, any money which you have paid in advance provided that you have notified the cancellation to Richard Peake by not later than 30 days prior to the first day of the booking.
If you notify the cancellation in less than 30 days prior to the first day of the booking, Naracoorte Cottages will not refund any money which you have paid in advance unless Naracoorte Cottages has re-let the house for the entire period of the booking. If a refund is made due to the house being re-let, Naracoorte Cottages will retain a $50 cancellation fee.
2. Alterations to booking. Naracoorte Cottages will make every effort to ensure the house is available as booked. However, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to alter bookings due to unforeseen circumstances, including an inadvertent error by Naracoorte Cottages owner/manager Richard Peake, housekeeper or agent, and will make every endeavour to provide an alternative house.
When you make a booking, you are liable to pay Naracoorte Cottages the tariff quoted for the number of guests and the number of nights. Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to cancel the booking, and to keep any deposit paid in advance, if the agreed number of guests is decreased or if the length of the stay is decreased within 30 days of the first day of the stay, or if the number of guests who arrive is less than the number booked or if the length of the stay is decreased, without prior notification, unless you agree to pay the full tariff. As the person who makes the booking, you are liable to pay Naracoorte Cottages the tariff for
any additional guests or additional days.
If you alter the number or type of guests (eg adults and children, singles and couples) or the length of the stay, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to provide an alternative house to the house booked. If you refuse the offer of an alternative house, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit or any money paid.
3. Check-in time. The usual check-in time is 3pm .Variations can be negotiated.
4. Check-out time. The usual check-out time is 10.30am. Variations can be negotiated.
C. HOUSE RULES
1. Standard. Naracoorte Cottages aims always to provide a consistently high standard of accommodation. To help maintain this standard, Naracoorte Cottages asks you to comply with certain conditions. Naracoorte Cottages appreciates that you aim to respect its houses but also asks that you avoid the possibility of occurrences beyond normal wear and tear.
2. Gatherings. The tariff charged is only for domestic use by the number of guests who have been booked; and the tariff is not for functions, parties and commercial events unless prior written agreement has been obtained from Naracoorte Cottages. The Bed and Breakfast house is not a “party house”. The tariff does not allow for the extra wear and tear associated with functions, parties and commercial events in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, repairs, breakages etc. If you use the house contrary to this condition, you will be liable to pay additional charges. This House Rule is not intended to prevent you from, within reason, having family, friends and colleagues to visit you at the house or to prevent you from having people for a meal etc provided that your visitors do not stay overnight.
3. Damage. Any damage, breakages, theft and loss are your responsibility as the guest who made the booking regardless of who incurred the damage, breakage, theft or loss.
4. State. You should leave the house in a similar condition to the condition you found it in when you arrived.
5. Amenity. Naracoorte Cottages’ houses are in residential areas of the town. Please respect the privacy and quiet enjoyment of neighbours and please do not create noise or disturbance, or indulge in anti-social behaviour, which offends neighbours.
6. Animals. Pets are not allowed inside the houses. You also do not have the right to bring dogs, cats, bids or other animals to the Bed and Breakfast properties without prior written approval. If evidence (e.g. hair, fur, smell, scratches, soiled items) is found of pets being inside the houses, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to charge you a fee for additional cleaning based on the hourly rate of our housekeepers, the use of cleaning materials and the hire of professional cleaners.
7. Personal Property. Naracoorte Cottages is not responsible for the personal property of you and your fellow guests. If personal property is left in a house, Naracoorte Cottages will endeavour to return it to you at your expense, usually by COD mail.
8. Security. Please close and/or lock doors and windows when you and your fellow guests are absent from the house in order to maintain security and to prevent unauthorised entry, rain damage, theft of property etc.
9. Smoking. Naracoorte Cottages does not allow smoking inside its houses. Smoking is allowed on verandahs, under carports and in outside areas of the properties. If evidence is found of smoking inside a house, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to charge you a fee for additional cleaning.
Bookings are accepted upon payment of a deposit (unless time or distance make this impractical or unless otherwise agreed), which can be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer, Master Card, Visa Card or American Express; or bookings can be accepted by an agent authorised by Naracoorte Cottages. Bookings are confirmed by emailing a Tax Invoice or by mailing a Tax Invoice when time and distance allow.
The balance of the tariff is payable in full on the day of arrival or by a date specified in the Tax Invoice.
Thank you. Please pay the tariff by Electronic Funds Transfer to the Naracoorte Cottages bank account, BSB 085 768, Account 66 741 9846, and quote the Invoice Number at the top of the page.
We accept these credit cards but please note the surcharges which you must add to the tariff: Visa Card and Master Card (2 per cent) and American Express (3 per cent).